Embedded C++ Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: C++ Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
The Embedded and Open Systems Group prototypes processor solutions for a portfolio of DoD defense sensor applications and testbeds. These prototype efforts include the integration and configuration of processor hardware, as well as significant sensor control and signal processing software development. Group exercises the entire prototyping development lifecycle, including hardware/software design, development, test, and integration.
The Group is in need of software development support to contribute towards the development of radar and multi-sensor processing solutions. Under the guidance of Lincoln staff, the candidate will perform the design, coding, testing, and integration of radar and multi-sensor processing software.
Position Scope/Job Functions
The core job functions will be:
1) Design, code, test, and integrate application-level software for prototype multi-sensor processors.
2) Design, code and deploy test harnesses and infrastructure for validating multi-sensor architecture software end-to-end integrated functionality and performance.
3) Design benchmarks and test data sets for validating multi-sensor control and signal processing functionality and performance.
4) Develop, code, test, and integrate hardware interface software (including sensor front-end interfaces) to perform command and control, and sensor data acquisition.
5) Benchmark and document performance results of software
- Very strong recent experience in object oriented design
- Very strong recent experience in C++ - knowledge of latest language features.
- Very strong recent experience in multi-process / multi-threaded application design / development
- Experience with commercial middleware libraries
-- Communication: MPI, DDS, and/or ZeroMQ
-- Computation: MKL/IPP, FFTW, and/or Boost
- Experience with C++ standard template library
- Demonstrated ability to document software design
- Experience in Python programming language
- Strong software testing experience
- Software benchmarking and performance tuning experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong experience with version control, configuration management and integration
- Able to work within a fast moving, small team environment
- Knowledge of radar and/or sensor systems such as LIDAR, EO/IR, or HSI
- Knowledge of digital signal processing techniques and computational methods
- Experience with modern development tools such as Totalview, Allinea Suite, Jenkins, etc.
- Secret and Top Secret Clearances are preferred but not a requirement.
PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent field.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.