AWS Java Developer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: AWS Java Developer
Location: Chantilly, VA
Duration: 12+ Months and 40 hours per week
Our client is a leading provider of identity risk management, privacy protection and other subscription-based services for consumers. Our core services monitor personal information for our consumers, aggregate it into digestible, consumer-friendly reports and alerts, and provide personalized education and support to help our customers understand their information and take the actions they deem appropriate. Since its business was founded in 1996, Intersections has helped protect the identities of more than 47 million consumers.
This isn’t the typical software development position in the typical run-of-the-mill tech company. We are looking for seasoned professionals to join us in continuing our cloud-native buildout of a serverless, microservice-based architecture in AWS. Are you ready to have a huge impact on an industry leading product company? Are you ready to not only work with the latest technologies but to push boundaries and innovate?
Specifically, you will help us:
- Leverage other managed services like AWS API Gateway, Cognito and DynamoDB.
- Plug into an event-based architecture built on SNS and SQS.
- Collaborate, deliver and operate with developer-preferred tools like Slack, Git, Jenkins, Terraform and PagerDuty.
- Own what you build. In other words, you don’t just deliver code, you deliver the entire solution including automated tests, infrastructure, monitoring and alerting.
- Innovate and lead in the areas of personal privacy and data protection.
You get big bonus points for the following qualities:
- Working knowledge of architectural paradigms like REST, serverless, event-driven systems and microservices
- Deep knowledge of the latest in Lambda (e.g., layers, sizing, accessing VPC resources, etc.)
- Experience with domain-driven design and event sourcing
- Experience building automated delivery pipelines for CI/CD and test automation
- Experience with data lakes, data analytics, ML/AI and business intelligence/reporting
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.