Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: Direct Hire
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
The Cyber Security Analyst position will be a member of multiple Security Operations Center (SOC) teams where they will perform daily SOC operations and serve on specialized teams which threat hunt, manage vulnerabilities, and work to standardize SOC functions through playbook development, data analysis & reporting, and through the management of tools. While the SOC has a tiered structure, job rotation and cross training are key to the analysts’ success. The primary function, in this context, is to bring experience and talent to the position such that you can help drive the rapid tempo of the environment.
During an interview you may be asked to demonstrate skills in threat hunting, vulnerability management, SIEM / SOAR tools, basic engineering or engage in a discussion on malware analysis. It is not expected that you have mastered all of these skills, but can demonstrate sounding thinking in how you would approach them and some familiarity with the skills and techniques involved.
- 6+ years’ experience in the information security technology field
- Strong familiarity with operating system diagnostics, network design and troubleshooting, and how to diagnose security controls and logs for evidence and indicators of compromise.
- Good understanding of vulnerabilities, how vulnerabilities are detected and mitigated, how to rate the risk associated with an emerging vulnerability.
- Basic threat management and how to do research across multiple sources to correlate and provide accurate scope to identify, contain, eradicate and recover from a security incident.
- BS in an IT related field of study preferred
- Demonstrated ability to achieve ongoing educational training. While a SANS, (ISC)2, or ISACA certification is not required, most candidates will have gone through this or similar processes in order to achieve their commitment to ongoing training.
- Demonstrated ability to create and contribute to teams in a collaborative and constructive manner.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Occasional off-hour / on duty support is necessary.
- Occasional travel for meetings and training is likely. (<10%)
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.