Computer Security Analyst - Active Clearance Required
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Computer Security Analyst
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: Direct Hire
Candidates need to be a US Citizen as the Laboratory is a cleared facility.
An Active Secret Clearance without Incident is required for this role.
This position will perform the functions of multiple Information Assurance (IA) roles (e.g, ISSE, ISSO, ISSM) for Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) programs. The Computer Security Analyst will work under the direction of the Manager, Classified Information Security. Candidates must be knowledgeable of information technology and security principles. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information systems security program for assigned programs in compliance with NIST SP 800-53 and customer specific implementation instructions such as ICD 503, JSIG and DAAPM.
- Design, develop, and recommend integrated security solutions for multiple classified IS with various operating systems.
- Prepare and maintain System Security Plans and associated artifacts.
- Ensure the development, documentation, and presentation of IS security education, awareness, and training activities for users and others, as appropriate.
- Apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to classified computing environments.
- Perform tasks related to compliance of Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) Plans (e.g., audit log review, security patching, software and hardware configuration management).
- Investigate security incidents to include data spills, data integrity incidents, and malicious code incidents.
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies, provide configuration management and accurately assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system.
- Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional.
- Current certification compatible with .DoD 8570.01-M IAM Level 1 (e.g. Security+) or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Current Secret personnel security clearance with ability to obtain additional clearances and accesses as required.
- 3-5 years of experience implementing the requirements of NIST SP 800-53 or NIST SP 800-37 with prior experience in a classified environment preferred.
- Experience performing security audits with and without specialized SIEM tools. Splunk experience preferred.
- Experience with certifying compliance of information systems.
- Experience administering security functions of Windows and Linux.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university. Non-technical degrees will be considered for candidates with in depth technical/compliance experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrate excellent problem solving abilities, be well organized, flexible, and self-motivated.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We have placed many talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges.
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds – AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long term contractors or employees!
Work as our full time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) – OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.