Mathematics Matlab Research and Development Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Mathematics Matlab Research and Development Engineer - Active Clearance Needed
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must possess an active Security Clearance without incident for access to classified information.
Our client’s Advanced Radio Frequency (RF) Techniques and Systems Group develops and characterizes potential new methods and signal processing techniques to enable wireless communications in difficult RF environments. Group is in need of an Engineer III for Matlab programming of simulation based test bed and analysis of simulation results to characterize the potential of various receiver algorithms and system design choices (e.g. waveform choices, sampling rate choices, different algorithm types) for different RF threat environments.
Position Scope/Job Functions
-- Matlab programming and signal processing simulation test bed programmer and analyst.
-- Design, develop, and support Matlab simulation-based test bed, testing and analysis of test results
-- Participate in defining, describing and implementing Matlab signal generator, channel emulator, receiver demodulator Matlab functions and batch testing of those generators/demodulators
- Experience with Matlab programming
- Experience with signal processing and linear algebra based algorithms
- Experience implementing algorithms from mathematical reports such as conference or journal papers describing signal processing techniques using standard linear algebra notation
- Experience deriving detection and/or parameter estimation algorithms and performance bounds
- Completed course and thesis or work projects in digital signal processing and communication systems
- Completed courses, coursework, or on the job training in linear algebra, probability, statistics, detection/estimation theory, communication theory, and information theory/inference.
- Completed one or more research and/or development projects (summer internship, master’s project or thesis, PhD project or thesis) that required creation of and characterization/analyses with a software (e.g. Matlab) simulation of a communication system (transmitters/channel/receivers) or a notional network of communication nodes governed by theoretical bounds (e.g. use information theory to determine if transmitted packets are dropped), or the processing of collected data/images with signal processing algorithms such as hypothesis testing and parameter estimation to extract useful information from the data/images.
- Completed course and coursework in optimization and/or machine learning
BS plus 1 year minimum relevant experience
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.