Systems Administrator - Active Secret Clearance Needed
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must possess an active Security Clearance without incident for access to classified information.
Our client’s Interceptor and Sensor Technology Group supports the development of advanced technologies and systems for application to sensors and interceptor missiles to be used in future surveillance, missile defense and air defense systems. The Group is currently supporting programs in the development of air and space-based visible/IR surveillance and tracking for missile defense. The group is also developing and evaluating seeker and missile system technology. These programs cover a range of activities including advanced electro-optical sensors and algorithms, mission simulation and modeling, laboratory and field/flight tests and data reduction and analysis.
The Group is in need of systems administration and information technology support to build and maintain group computing infrastructure, laboratory/sensor control systems, field test systems, and software/operating system configurations with a specialization in Linux operating system administration. This requisition is for a mid-level systems administrator that would satisfy this requirement.
Position Scope/Job Functions
Computer and network systems administrator will join a technical research and development group with a diverse set of information technology activities and requirements, including a significant Linux-oriented project support component.
Responsibilities will include:
- System imaging, customization, configuration management, and maintenance of Linux, Windows, and Mac systems in desktop, mobile, server, virtual, and field-test form factor
- Support of software development teams in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and optimization of a variety of development tools (version control, integrated development environments, continuous integration tools, and collaboration tools), development libraries, kernels, and hardware drivers
- Support field test deployments, including pre-shipment system preparation, on-site setup and networking, test support, and data management/backup
- Collaboration with an experienced team of IT professionals to support the group?s desktop users, enterprise infrastructure, and IT equipment
- Development of automated methods for setting up and maintaining system configurations, monitoring health of deployed systems, and performing security audits of deployed systems
- Deployment, operation, and maintenance of enterprise-grade services, servers, networks, storage, virtualization, and backups
- Maintenance of compliance with all required Information Assurance (IA) requirements
- Analysis and development of solutions for failures and outages, and coordinating the troubleshooting and repair of servers, applications, and systems
Minimum 4 years professional experience in an enterprise IT environment
Education: BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent discipline
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat / CentOS variants of Linux to include system administration, user management, security hardening, backup procedures, disk and file management, software and kernel compilation and installation, and system troubleshooting
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively learn new technologies, adapt to new environments and methodologies, and work outside one’s own comfort zone
- Strong teamwork experience, self-motivation, and organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proficient in multiple common scripting languages, e.g. sh/csh /zsh, Perl, and Python, for automation of common systems administration tasks
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server administration
- Familiarity with the architecture of x86-based computer hardware, and comfortable configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining desktop and server-grade hardware
- Strong knowledge of enterprise-grade networking, virtualization, storage, and backups
- U.S. citizenship, DoD SECRET security clearance; TOP Secret desirable.
- Desire and ability to participate in field testing, sometimes involving multi-week travel
- Proficient in one or more compiled programming languages (e.g. C, C++, Java)
- Expertise in Microsoft Windows desktop and server administration
- Experience with tools for system imaging, system configuration, configuration management, and security auditing
- Expertise in enterprise-grade networking, virtualization, storage, and/or backups
- Experience with DoD security procedures and requirements, especially DIACAP or RMF
- Experience with low-SWaP, ruggedized, flight-qualified computer hardware
- Working knowledge of Mac desktop administration
- Strong backup experience and proven ability to protect mission critical data
- Applied understanding of DoD STIG?s and SCAP
- Enterprise VMWARE experience to include VM Management, snapshots, SAN and iSCSI Storage systems
- PKI, Multi-Factor Authentication, and PIV Technologies
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
Ideal candidate will have or be able to obtain the following certificates
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.