Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: 37.5 hours per week, through at least December, 2019
Two of our client's departments have an initiative underway to build a system to keep records of enrolled children funded by certain grant programs and they are seeking a Business Analyst to add to the team.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of business requirements and data analysis of an agile web-based software development project. This position will work with the project team to define scope, analyze business needs, gather and document business and data requirements using industry standard practices and tools.
This is a lean and agile project. The ideal candidate can work in all functional areas of the application. They will also have experience in all phases of business and data analysis.
- Collaborate with the business to understand strategic goals and objectives, define requirements, assess product fit to business needs, and re-engineer business processes as needed.
- Conduct all interviews and meetings needed to document current business process.
- Assist in the development of and approval of the business process documentation.
- Help team members elaborate their requirements; analyze gaps, permutations, inconsistencies, constraints, assumptions, and risks so that requirements are clear and concise.
- Develop epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Manage scope.
- Identify and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the technical team to understand the data design of the application and apply that knowledge to define data requirements related to the new functional requirements.
- Adhere to the organization's methodologies and standards, and propose improvements based on business and data analysis best practices.
- Participate in change management processes to assess and advise on the impact of release and data requirements being changed, added, or dropped.
- Provide support to QA and technical writing resources to write test scripts and provide content review for necessary training and user manuals.
- Advise QA of test coverage needs for each release's functional requirements.
- Review test cases, expected results, and actual results to ensure that the spirit and intent of all functional requirements are being met.
- Review deliverables related to new releases
- Proactively raise issues and offer solutions.
- Participate in daily scrum meeting to discuss current tasks and status.
- Submit weekly status reports.
Education and Experience Level
- At least 7 years of professional business analysis experience.
- Degree required (business or technical degrees are preferred).
- Experience in playing the scrum master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying scrum principles, practices, and theory will be a plus.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: user stories, ATDD, TDD, continuous integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing, Agile games.
- Thorough knowledge of tools and processes used for requirements analysis and the software development lifecycle process.
- Thorough knowledge of tools and processes used for data analysis, including thorough knowledge of SQL, with an ability to read and understand SQL code.
- Strong prototyping, visual design and interaction design skills.
- Proven track record working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with both Waterfall methodologies and Agile principles (scrum methodology) a plus.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Experience conducting JAD sessions, interviewing business reprepresentatives, resolving stakeholder conflicts, fielding questions from executives.
- Sensitivity to interpersonal, organizational and political challenges, and an understanding of how to navigate them effectively.
- Ability to promote teamwork and maintain effective communication within and across groups.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and in an agile manner.
- Ability to switch focus based on changing priorities.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.