Weather C/C++ Software Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Weather C/C++ Software Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
Our client’s Air Traffic Control Systems Group develops weather analysis and forecast capabilities for aviation efficiency and safety. The Group seeks to expand a synthetic weather radar capability from US to global coverage for worldwide aviation operations. This requisition is for a software programmer to assist in developing a software system to provide real-time global synthetic radar mosaics and forecasts in support of US Air Force aviation operations.
Position Scope/Job Functions
-Participate on a weather product development team and be responsible for key aspects of the mosaic and forecast system
- Develop algorithms based on prior research and new concepts
- Refine existing algorithms for system needs
- Develop test framework to ensure functionality of system algorithms
- Create supporting documentation for algorithms and software modules
- Assist in installing algorithms on real-time prototype system
The candidate will have:
- Strong understanding of software engineering methodology
- Experience with developing object-oriented software involving large geophysical data sets
- Experience with C/C++ multi-threaded applications in a Linux environment
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to set priorities, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to develop and modify code for real-time rapid prototyping and evaluation
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics
- Experience with Python
- Experience generating algorithm documentation
- Good written and oral communication skills
The preferred candidate will have:
- A background that includes mathematics, statistics, machine learning, physics, and image processing
- Experience with common weather data formats such as grib and netcdf
Acceptable candidates will have an MS in computer science or software engineering plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.