Sensor Systems Analyst - Active Clearance Required
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Sensor Systems Analyst
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
Our client’s Advanced Sensor Systems and Test Beds Group develops and demonstrates advanced sensor system and command and control concepts incorporating emerging signal and data processing algorithms, architectures and techniques. Major activities within the group include system concept development for RF and optical systems, modeling and simulation, signal processing algorithm design, RF and optical system design and development, experimental field testing and data analysis and development of one-of-a-kind operational and experimental test assets. The group has expertise in adaptive sensor array processing for both radar and communications, advanced real-time software techniques, signal detection and estimation, communications, and systems analysis. The group conducts a significant amount of field testing and data collection to prove new concepts and collaborates with other groups throughout the Laboratory for real-time prototype implementation, experiment execution, and systems analysis.
Position Scope/Job Functions
A sensor systems analyst with exposure to prototyping and testing is desired to support several programs involving airborne early warning radars, HF Over-the-Horizon radars, ground-based instrumentation quality radar systems, as well as other ground and airborne sensor systems. The successful candidate will have a broad background with relevant radar system analysis and signal processing experience. The successful candidate will work with both large and small teams and be capable of working within those teams as well as taking initiative independently. This individual will serve in a support role to help technical staff implement innovations.
- 3 years of relevant experience performing either systems analysis or data analysis.
- Candidate should have experience in several of the following fields: radar systems engineering, radar data analysis, signal processing, statistical data analysis.
- Candidate must be able to explore innovative techniques and algorithms and be able to understand how these new developments can affect an existing radar systems capabilities.
- Proficiency with MATLAB
- Candidate must have good organizational skills with the ability to complete assignment working independently and in a team environment, and effectively present results.
- Effective communication with colleagues, sponsors, and other research sites.
- Experience with statistical signal processing of radar phased array data, including adaptive beamforming, channel equalization, and radar waveform design.
- Experience with radar systems analysis.
- Familiarity with phenomenology effects at different frequencies, including HF.
- C or C++ programming experience, along with Linux experience.
- Ability to participate in field experiments and data collection efforts, which could involve travel.
MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.