Senior Analog Design Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Senior Analog Design Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 6+ Months
Candidates need to be a US Citizen as the Laboratory is a cleared facility.
A Secret Clearance without Incident or the ability to acquire a security clearance is required for this role.
In this position you will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams designing, developing, and verifying electronics for state-of-the-art sensors and actuators used in a wide array of applications. These projects are executed with a heavy emphasis on high performance, low size, weight, and power consumption. As a senior member of the Instrumentation, Analog, & Power Electronics Group you will help shape hardware architectures and lead electronics development activities by applying sound engineering and project management principles.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of direct experience in the design and development of high precision mixed signal control circuitry and systems. Exceptional candidates with a BSEE and 7+ years related experience will also be considered.
- Knowledge of the following areas: low-noise amplification including charge amplifiers, analog-digital conversion including sigma-delta modulators, methods of synchronous detection, analog and digital signal processing, oscillators, phase-locked loops, synchronous motors, motor drive circuits.
- Experience in system integration and debugging of complex sensor/actuator systems.
- Ability to perform circuit simulation using Spice or variants and system modeling and analysis using MATLAB, Simulink, or other comparable tools.
- Previous experience working for Defense/Aerospace companies.
- Previous experience in design for harsh physical and electromagnetic environments as embodied in common commercial and military standards such as Mil-STD-461, CISPR 22, MIL-STD-810, etc.
- System grounding/shielding and EMI mitigation techniques for complex sensor/actuator systems, which may include high frequency, switched-mode power electronics, RF circuitry, and high speed digital electronics located in close physical proximity with precision sensors & actuators.
- Expert level knowledge of device characteristics such as MOSFETs, IGBTs, BJTs, JFETs, diodes, various capacitor families, etc.
- Possess an understanding of and experience with inertial instruments, particularly MEMS based and fiber-optic gyroscopes and accelerometers, as well as traditional electro-mechanical gyroscopes and accelerometers.
Security Clearance Required:
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We have placed many talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges.
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds – AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long term contractors or employees!
Work as our full time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) – OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.