Information System Cyber Security Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Information System Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must possess an active Security Clearance without incident for access to classified information.
The nation's satellites perform critical civil, scientific, and national defense functions, such as navigation, communications, weather forecasting, astronomical observations, and surveillance. Our researchers are developing software tools that can help the military track, monitor, control, and protect these valuable satellites. The decision support software must rapidly ingest data from various sensors and databases, and then integrate those data to create a reliable picture of the current state of the satellites and make predictions about evolving activities in space. Such space situational awareness is important for military personnel who manage U.S. space assets. We also use this software to build simulations that researchers and military operators can use in training or in planning exercises.
Position Scope/Job Functions
The Information Integration and Decision Support Group is seeking Information System Cyber Security Engineer to help design, implement, and test all security aspects of the hardware and software developed and deployed by the group in support of Government users. The Cyber Security Engineer will serve as the security architect/engineer integrated into larger engineering team. Tasks performed by this position include:
Inspections and Compliance:
- Develops Certification Test and Evaluation procedures to support accreditation and self-inspection efforts
- Provides and implements technical solutions to meet required security postures based on industry best practice and JSIG guidance
- Designs and implements continuous monitoring solutions to conduct vulnerability scanning, assesses vulnerabilities & makes recommendations/corrections after determining best measure to mitigate threat
- Assists ISSM in developing improvement plans to counter adverse trends
- Implements ICD/JSIG RMF standards to meet the mandated security posture
Security Integration/Systems Administration:
- Implements automated processes for software patching/antivirus updates/data backups to all systems in accordance with the SSP
- Develops and applies security lockdown policies to operating systems including Windows and Red Hat Linux
- Configures Active Directory, Group Policy, backup and recovery, and domain configuration to meet NIST 800-53 control requirements
- Participates in the security development and maintenance of networks to throughout the RMF process to meet customer and sponsor needs
- Develops and maintains formal IT Security Plan with designated security manager
- Assist System Administrators and Information System Security Officers in the remediation of vulnerabilities
In depth knowledge of configuring operating systems such as Red Hat Linux, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 Technical experience securing and operating virtualization technologies such as VMWare VMware vSphere ESXi 6.0 or newer Current Top Secret Clearance Working experience directly related to certification and authorization using the following:
- NIST 800-53 / Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG)
- Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503
- National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) Chapter 8
- Joint Air Force, Army, Navy (JAFAN) 6/3
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar course of study OR combination of education and experience
5 - 7 years of IT Security experience in DoD Industrial Security is desired, preferably in a compartmented program environment.
DoD 8570 1AM Level I (Security+) Baseline Certification and an operating system certification (Linux/Windows) Current secret or higher clearance Must be able to be on call on weekends and evenings for emergency support
Experience using vulnerability scanning tools such as ACAS, SCAP, RETINA, WASP, SECSCN Experience implementing an audit reduction tool such as Splunk.
Experience using endpoint security products and McAfee ePolicy Orchestration tools
Education/Professional Certifications/Substituting Off-Set
BS OR Associate’s degree and at least 1 Certification.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.