Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: FPGA Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
Our client designs, develops, builds, and integrates RF systems for many applications including radar, signal assessment, and electronic attack. Much of the associated work for building these systems includes a need for specialized high speed digital design and FPGA programming expertise. The position associated with this requisition will support the development of RF and microwave systems.
Position Scope/Job Functions
Work will include, but not be limited to, design and implementation of custom FPGA algorithms for simulation and hardware implementation based around the Xilinx RFSoC/MPSoC, Virtex-7 and UltraScale+ FPGA families, along with some implementations on smaller FPGAs and CPLDs. Use of Xilinx Vivado and High Level Synthesis (HLS) tools will be necessary to carry out designs. More specific responsibilities include:
- Define system architecture (HW, FW, SW) to meet complex requirements, budget and schedule
- Lead development efforts for embedded systems from Xilinx
- Develop DSP algorithms optimized for FPGA implementation
- Work with DSP experts to optimize implementation for FPGA’s
- Bring up, configure, characterize, and debug new FPGA based HW, FW and SW
- Work in a lab environment using digital embedded system debug tools (ICE, logic analyzers, JTAG, and Oscilloscopes)
Educational requirements listed in section below, in addition to
- Minimum 10 years of FPGA based HW development experience
- 5+ years of experience with FPGA DSP development
- 4 + years of experience with Vivado synthesis, place route, scripting, configuration control
The FPGA Engineer should have expertise in many of the following areas:
- Digital Signal Processing Development in FPGA’s
- Architecting and allocating an embedded system between FW and SW
- Xilinx embedded systems development (PL, PS, SDK, ARM, Microblaze)
- Xilinx RFSoC development
- VHDL / Verilog FPGA development
- Bring up and debug of FPGA based HW and FW
- Matlab / C /C++
PhD plus 5 years minimum relevant experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum relevant experience
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.