Senior User-Centered Design Lead
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Senior User-Centered Design Lead
Location: Reston, VA
Duration: Direct Hire
Candidates need to be a US Citizen as the Laboratory is a cleared facility.
A Secret Clearance without Incident or the ability to acquire a security clearance is required for this role.
We work on exciting projects to solve hard problems at the intersection of engineering, design, and high-stakes scenarios such as: big data analytics, decision support tools, multi-person collaborative systems, human-robot interaction, augmented reality, and context aware situation awareness tools in both the commercial and national security arenas. You will apply user-centered research and design to create usable, engaging, modern, and intuitive interfaces for cutting-edge systems sponsored by the US Government and commercial customers as well as Internal R&D projects. Specific projects may require you to design for users in high cognitive workload situations, users attempting to solve complex data problems (including data visualization and overcoming cognitive bias), and safety critical operations. The ideal candidate is an assertive self-starter, engaging colleagues and building ideas in a team-centered environment.
- B.S., Masters, or formal training in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Design, Computer Science, Product Management, Data Visualization, or similar field
- Experience socializing, scoping, proposing, and presenting contracts, especially to government customers
- Familiarity leading teams using Agile development and Atlassian’s agile suite in particular, experience collaborating with software teams in an agile environment
- Top-notch user research skills: contextual inquiry, knowledge elicitation, any other creative methods for gathering high-quality data from remote or infrequent user interaction
- Demonstrated capability and attention to detail in UX and IX research and documentation in models, workflows, reports, mockups, screen designs, and research artifacts.
- Demonstrated capability to engage across engineering disciplines (including software architecture, autonomous vehicles, integrated sensor systems, signal processing, ML/AI; an ideal candidate will have experience spanning all of our capabilities) to determine the state of the possible
- Demonstrated understanding of state of the art cognitive engineering literature and best practices for both user / mission modeling and design
- Demonstrated experience developing design and/or research best practices for a larger team, project, or company both remotely and in person
- A strong portfolio or case study of work showcasing UX, IX, UI, or Data Visualization design and concept validation – please share a link to work samples in your application
- UX Research – Thought leader or developer of new or best practices in the field. Comfort and confidence leading user research sessions, coming prepared with a plan and being resilient to rapid scheduling / focus changes, delivering artifacts that support software development decisions and product strategy
- IX Design – Experience building design probes to drive software development decisions and product strategy, ability to deliver findings to software teams, design teams, and customers, Ability to apply their skillset to new subject matter areas and ability to incorporate new knowledge into documented best practices with the intention to improve future work and capture a knowledge base of relevant subject matter areas
- UI Design - Creation of scalable Sketch libraries design toolkits for product lines, to enable task delegation while ensuring high product quality
- User / mission modeling – experience in defining and developing explanatory and/or quantifiable models to describe user needs and mission constraints
- Design best practices – an understanding of the current state of the art in cognitive engineering literature and practice, with the intent of applying that knowledge in developing the best possible designs
- Collaborative, patient, and problem-solving approach to team environments in all situations with experience working closely and iteratively with engineering and development teams
- Experience working with government customers and environments
fPOST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We have placed many talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges.
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds – AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long term contractors or employees!
Work as our full time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) – OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.