Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Providence, RI
Duration: Direct Hire
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Uses and maintains technical and applications expertise, such as the use of technologies, tools, programming standards, established processes, and concepts required for the development of quality IT solutions for the section’s primary areas of responsibility. In this role, you will obtain a greater understanding of these concepts for additional supporting applications.
- Actively participates in activities associated with the Application Development Life Cycle such as technical design sessions and develops well architected technical solutions in line with business objectives. Participates in the translation of business requirements into clean architected solutions. Has close interaction with appropriate areas as required.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities, final inspections, reviews, auditing, metrics data generation, collection, interpretation and submission.
- Works on simultaneous IT projects on varying technology stacks. Monitoring performance, debugging issues and fine tuning processes to increase performance on an regular basis.
- Proactively identifies issues, performs root cause analysis, investigates information and performs impact analysis; formulates and executes plans for solution development.
- Providing mentoring and guidance to other IT staff members.
- Providing coverage and support of production systems.
- Maintains and increases knowledge of applicable technologies, architecture, frameworks and processes.
- Provides creative ideas and solutions to business problems.
- Commits to providing quick turnaround for daily and high priority ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree at least four years of development experience or, an equivalent combination experience sufficient to successfully perform the key functions of the job.
- A background with Spring Boot, Queuing, SQL Server, DB2, and Mongo is preferred.
- Seeking candidates willing to continuously learn and increasing their Java development skills.
- Fast learner; Self-motivated and self-directed in all areas of the job, particularly in the ability to research and self-teach in areas where formal training is not available.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills working with all levels.
- Able to identify challenges and risks to the completion of work and communicates those to the appropriate team members.
- Able to understand business requirements and translate into software solutions; Open to feedback from peers.
- Experienced in working on multiple IT projects on varying technology stacks.
- Able to complete routine work independently; conducts research and uses appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with the impacts of changes across teams.
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.