Change Management Consultant
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Change Management Consultant
Duration: 12+ Months
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client's Infrastructure Support is looking for a Change Management Specialist to assist the team with change operations related to operational work and project efforts. The Change Management Specialist works with business owners, application support teams, and infrastructure support staff to coordinate and facilitate change across the Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure team's portfolio. The primary responsibility is creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that accelerate the implementation of key IT priorities and minimize resistance for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) during change execution.
The Change Management Specialist participates in the change management workflow ensuring SME's conduct proper planning and are provided with actionable change tickets that have been approved, coordinated and communicated to the larger business and supporting IT teams.
The Change Management Specialist works to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with changes that impact IT operations. This position utilizes project management methods and tools to manage large-scale organizational change efforts. On a daily basis the specialist will create repeatable, optimized and executable plans that IT can use to streamline operational work. This position is responsible for increasing the efficiency and consistency of change management operations of our client's Infrastructure team.
The Change Management Specialist requires experience and knowledge of change management best practices principles, methodologies and tools. The position acts as a bridge between IT infrastructure and the business communicating information to others in IT and the business representatives utilizing both written and verbal methods.
- Develop schedules for IT maintenance and project efforts
- Develop change schedules for Infrastructure assets that ensure disruption to business operations are minimized
- Analyze IT environment to ensure stakeholders are included in the planning process
- Understand the full IT stack and optimize effort to reduce delays and disruption caused by major IT efforts
- Produce schedules and documentation that users can reference to understand the change schedule and impact to the business for IT efforts
- Document plans in Confluence and Jira
- Participate in change management business process
- Perform the role of Management Coordinator in the Change Request System workflow
- Analyze change request for regulatory standards impact
- Review impact and scope of submitting change request from SME's
- Ensure proper assignments for peer review, product testing, and workflow routing
- Assign changes to their associated IT initiatives
- Review change management tickets for completeness and accuracy
- Maintain relationships between IT and Business Owners
- Regularly meet with business to manage change across business processes
- Regularly meet with IT application support teams to integrate with Infrastructure planning
- Document the business requirements for key services
- Map dependencies between business services, applications, deployments, and infrastructure assets
- Develop detailed plans for IT operations that ensure downtime is minimized for business services
- Inform management of status of change
- Meet with management team quarterly to provide report on IT efforts and their impact on IT operations and the business
- Develop business intelligence reports to assist management understanding the impact of change
- Participate in ad-hoc meetings to represent the change management operations of the IT infrastructure team
Education: Four year degree or equivalent years of experience
5+ years supporting teams manage change
2+ years working with enterprise IT
Certifications (One or more, or demonstrated experience): Certified Change Management Professional™ (CCMP™), Project Management Professional (PMP), Prosci™ Change Practitioner
Skills & Attributes:
Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and visual Self-starter, attention to detail
Commitment to continuous improvement, desire to document work
Ability to work across multiple departments to build consensus
Develop change management plans in a complex IT environment
Track metrics related to change and present data in written and visual forms
Collaborate with multiple teams and facilitate consensus
Work with project management tools such as Jira Portfolio and Confluence
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.