Mission Assurance/Reliability Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Mission Assurance/Reliability Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: Direct Hire
* Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance is desired.
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We are seeking a candidate with significant expertise in mission and quality assurance, including reliability, systems safety, parts, materials, and processes, radiation effects, and quality management systems. This role is responsible for leading mission assurance activities on programs, improving laboratory processes and standards, and training personnel in performing mission assurance activities.
The successful candidate is expected to be a subject matter expert in mission and quality assurance. They will collaborate with program teams to establish and implement mission assurance processes. The candidate will train engineers, technicians, and team members in proper mission assurance techniques. They will actively engage with program sponsors and participate in requirements development, design decisions, test reviews, supplier selection, risk management, pre-ship reviews, and other program lifecycle activities. The candidate will perform safety and reliability analysis, lead audits, manage anomalies and corrective actions, as well as supporting requirements traceability and verification. A high level of expertise is required in performing reliability predictions, failure modes and effect analysis (FMEA), parts stress analysis, hazard analysis, fault tree development, lessons learned management, risk and opportunities management, and in leading failure investigations. The candidate must be a good systems thinker and an effective teacher. The candidate needs a thorough and evolving knowledge of both mission assurance and quality assurance best practices covering the full program life cycle.
- Must have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a similar discipline. PhD or Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have familiarity with AS9100/ISO9000 implementation
- Must have ability to work both within a team environment and independently; must be self-motivated, thorough, and detailed; and must be willing to continually learn and grow
- Must have extensive experience leading mission assurance on large, complex mission critical systems
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of experience in reliability, systems safety, and risk management
- Quality assurance experience desired
- Experience with worst case analysis desired
- Background in systems engineering desired
- History of publishing papers in the area of mission assurance desired
- Must have effective written/oral communications skills, and experience interacting with sponsors
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.