Unix Infrastructure Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Unix Infrastructure Engineer
Duration: 12+ Months
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our Client is seeking an experienced Unix Infrastructure Engineer that will be responsible for all aspects of system administration, architectural design and ongoing maintenance for a large Red Hat Linux deployment. Individuals should be comfortable working in a team environment and excel in collaborative problem solving. This position requires the candidate to work on multiple priorities simultaneously and the ideal candidate will be well organized and capable of managing a busy work schedule with multiple demands on their time.
• Code infrastructure configuration deployments and updates with Ansible, Python, BASH, etc.
• Monitor server performance and take appropriate actions (e.g. tune)
• Perform operating system upgrades and assuring the quality of fixes and enhancements
• Assist IT departments in analyzing and resolving operating system and application problems
• Troubleshoot operational issues and assist with root-cause analyses
• Engage with policy and procedure, change management, and service desk processes during daily activities
• Provide technical knowledge needed to ensure effective and efficient changes to the IT infrastructure
• Assist with product evaluations, architectural reviews and solution development for new capabilities
• Participate in a paid on-call rotation, which entails responding to after-hour trouble calls from IT Operations Technicians and Security Operations Technicians
• Candidate's experience should include a minimum of 10 years related experience OR the equivalent combination of experience and education
• A Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, Information Systems, a similar engineering field or equivalent experience is required
• Must have experience with automation solutions including Ansible Core, Ansible Tower, and Terraform.
• Must have excellent time management and communication skills
• Must be able to work independently or with little supervision
• Must be able to multitask and work on many emerging priority items simultaneously.
• Must have experience with RHEL 6,7,8 system administration • Should have a solid understanding coding and scripting (BASH, Python, etc.)
• Should have knowledge of source code control systems (Git, Bitbucket).
• Experience with backup solutions (Rubrik, Netbackup)
• Experience with AWS a plus
• Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, CloudWatch, DynaTrace, etc. ) a plus
• Experience documenting technical solutions utilizing Atlassian Confluence and Gliffy a plus
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.