Cyber Network Analyst
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Cyber Network Analyst
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
* Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance is desired.
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client’s Cyber Security Team monitors and protects Laboratory research from IT threats. The team operates a security operation center which looks at network traffic to find and eliminate threats from malware, spear fishing, and other attacks against the Lab. The team also looks for any vulnerabilities in our current environment and helps identify and develop solutions to mitigate these risks.
The Security Analyst is responsible for performing operational support for network defenses, risk analysis on cyberthreats, security alerts, systems of interest, and other suspicious system or network activity. Develop requirements for implementing zero trust architecture (ZTA) to meet Laboratory needs.
Through knowledge of network defenses data analysis, the Security Analyst identifies methods to mitigate future risk to networked systems. Also, as part of the Cyber Security Team the Security Analyst assists in the evaluation and testing of security tools and devices. Experience with DevSecOps, Scripting and Application security is highly sought after for this role.
• Develop an initial understanding of the current state security architecture by documenting current security architecture.
• Work with project team to develop detailed project plans for security solutions implementation
• Assist project team developing a roadmap for achieving ZTNA for all applicable client systems.
Cyber Security Operations
• Build and Administer Cyber protection tools to include creating and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Expand expertise in Cyber protection tools to become subject matter expert
• Ensure the Cyber protection tools are used to their fullest extent to protect the laboratory
• Drive compliance with all Government Regulations and Laboratory Vulnerability Management policy
• Assist with communications to the laboratory and external vendors regarding capability outages and product evaluations.
• Perform daily operational tasks to ensure the health of the cyber protection tools
• Assist with coverage gap identification. Deploy, configure and manage new tools as required to correct those gaps.
Build out resilient and automated services.
• Codify infrastructure and applications for automated deployment using DevSecOps principles, processes and tools.
• Identify opportunities for automation and lead the development work through the SOAR platform.
• Research how vulnerabilities are being exploited and software affected.
• Proactively identify opportunities to mitigate potential threats based on research.
• Review vendor notifications and assist with laboratory communications regarding external threats.
• Evaluate potential security software, tools or devices
• Test new network security systems and changes to existing network security devices.
• Develop technical project plans, requirement documentation, test plans, change requests, and communications to users.
•Hands-on cyber security related experience
• Identity & access management
•Python and Bash scripting
•Experience working within a Kubernetes environment
•Ability to leverage SIEM tools to evaluate and troubleshoot network and host-based security issues.
•Good understanding of TCP/IP network protocols and application layer protocols (e.g., HTTP, SMTP, DNS, etc.)
•A working understanding Authentication protocols, Authorization, PKI, secrets management, privilege access management
•Good understanding of Windows, Mac and Linux Operating Systems and Event logging.
•Ability to lead and influence the delivery of security related goals and objectives.
•Excellent customer service skills.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Able to work without appreciable direction with direction provided at major milestones
•Able to anticipate / resolve issues, as well as research recommendations for consensus driven decision making.
•Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies, Engineering or equivalent experience.
•Familiarity with Ansible, Docker, AWS, and CloudFormation and YAML scripting
•CompTIA Security+ Certification, SANS GCIH or CISSP
•Skill in building consensus among stakeholders and colleagues.
•Understanding of Cloud and Container security best practices.
•API and automation experience
•Experience in various cyber security / SOC roles.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.