Lead Network Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Lead Network Engineer
Location: Remote, 10% Travel to Holyoke, MA
Duration: 12+ Months
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This client requires all on-site consultants to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to reasonable accommodation.
The position will be responsible for maintaining and administering our client's edge network and internet connectivity. The primary duties will include planning and executing network improvements and technology rollouts. In addition, the role will be responsible for operational maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. The candidate will be working closely with the users of our network to process standard requests, and identifying potential issues and fixing existing problems.
• Configure, document, and maintain our client's edge network deployments across multiple regions and data centers
• Manage ACL changes through service desk and change management workflows
• Utilize IT Asset Workflow to perform network adds/changes/retirements
• Manage network access via account adds/changes/removals utilizing the Identity Access Management
• Initial handling service desk tickets and escalating issues as needed
• Perform network troubleshooting and triage of emerging network issues
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus, or equivalent experience.
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure, hardware and logical concepts.
• Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
• Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches and controllers.
• Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
• Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
• Ability to learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
• Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
• A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Network security experience.
• One or more relevant certifications such as CCNA or AWS Certified Advanced Networking
• Demonstrated experience working with Internal/External BGP enterprise deployments
• Demonstrated experience integrating corporate Cisco networks with AWS via Direct Connect
• Experience with roaming device and point-to-point VPN design, deployment and management utilizing Cisco
• Experience working with wavelength-division multiplexing technologies
• Experience with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
• Knowledge of network infrastructure configuration management utilizing Terraform Enterprise and Ansible Tower
• Knowledge of IPv6 concepts and methods of deployment
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.