Senior Sensor Electronics
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Senior Sensor Electronics
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 12+ Months
Candidates need to be a US Citizen as the Laboratory is a cleared facility.
*An Active Secret Clearance without Incident is required for this role.
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
In this position you will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams designing, developing, and verifying electronics for state-of-the-art sensors and actuators used in a wide array of applications. These projects are executed with a heavy emphasis on high performance, low size, weight, and power consumption. As a senior member of the Instrumentation, Analog, & Power Electronics Group you will help shape hardware architectures and lead electronics development activities by applying sound engineering and project management principles.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics and 7+ years of experience in the design and development of analog and mixed signal circuitry and systems.
- 3+ years of experience in design, integration, and/or testing of sensors (preferably inertial) and sensor systems.
- Schematic capture and printed circuit board layout experience.
- Ability to perform circuit simulation using Spice or variants.
- System modeling and analysis experience using MATLAB, Simulink, or other comparable tools.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: low-noise electronics, analog-digital conversion, methods of synchronous detection, analog and digital signal processing, phase-locked loops, motor control and drive circuits.
- Microelectronics development experience in Cadence Virtuoso.
- Experience with component selection and design of electronic hardware for space and/or hostile radiation environments.
- Experience in design for harsh physical and electromagnetic environments as embodied in military standards such as MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810, etc.
- Knowledge of system grounding/shielding and EMI mitigation techniques.
- Experience working with discrete semiconductor devices, such as: MOSFETs, IGBTs, BJTs, JFETs, diodes, etc.
Note: Active Secret Clearance Required. Must be willing to work onsite a number of days per week. There may be some limited opportunity for WFH.
We have placed many talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges.
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds – AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long term contractors or employees!
Work as our full time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) – OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.