Senior Structural and Thermal Analyst
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Senior Structural and Thermal Analyst
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 12+ Months
Candidates need to be a US Citizen as the Laboratory is a cleared facility.
*A Secret Clearance without Incident or the ability to acquire a security clearance is required for this role.
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client is seeking a senior structural and thermal analyst to drive the design and development of novel solutions to customer driven problems surrounding ruggedized miniature electro-mechanical systems, systems for harsh environments (e.g. high-g, high temperature, high vibration), and Robotics and autonomous systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform analytical modeling and finite element analysis of complex electro-mechanical systems from a thermal and structural survivability and operational performance standpoint, including static, shock, vibration, and high temperature environments including steady-state and transient analyses
- Familiarity with CFD analysis in support of thermal flow analysis and aerodynamic performance
- Able to provide insight and suggest design modifications based on analysis outcomes, and to apply analysis techniques across a range of technical disciplines
- Drive solutions to complex problems with limited direction ¿ contribute towards requirements development, propose ways forward, and adapt appropriately to changes in requirements
- Communicate task outcomes effectively and openly with multi-disciplinary program teams, senior management, and sponsors (both expert and non-expert)
- Seeks out opportunities to help new or less experienced engineers and gives constructive feedback when appropriate
- Identify program/system-level technical risks and develop and execute mitigation strategies for them
- Adheres to best practices and seeks to improve practices to improve operations; Demonstrate strong organization, planning, and time management skills to achieve program goals
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant field such as mechanical engineering, materials science, or aerospace engineering
- 7+ years of relevant work experience showing demonstrated program success
- Team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to balance multiple competing tasks and demands
- Expertise with Finite Element Analysis packages, specifically ANSYS and/or Nastran
- Experience with 3D CAD, specifically SolidWorks or Creo
- Familiarity with machine shop tools and processes, prototyping, and environmental testing to validate analysis results
- Experience writing proposals, executing feasibility studies, and generating ROM estimates of system performance/size, weight, power/cost with imperfect or incomplete information
- Candidates with an active clearance strongly preferred
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
We have placed many talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges.
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds – AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long term contractors or employees!
Work as our full time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) – OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.