Security Analyst - Active Clearance Required
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Security Analyst
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 6+ Months
Candidates need to be a US Citizen as the Laboratory is a cleared facility.
*An Active Top-Secret Clearance without Incident is required for this role.
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This is a high visibility position within our client’s Security Department. The Security Analyst position will perform Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) duties, interacting with all levels of technical staff, program management and the executive staff.
This position provides program security support in the form of classification guidance, interpreting and applying government sponsor's policies and procedures and ensuring that a compliant security program is established and maintained. If needed they will establish and assist in administering special security provisions at subcontractor locations. Will demonstrate sound decision making by utilizing a collective knowledge of government policies and procedures and have thorough understanding of OPSEC in their own work. Performs with limited supervision in both a team environment as well as an independent contributor.
- Strong knowledge of NISPOM, ICD series, DoD 5205.07 (v1-4) and DOD 5105.21_M (v1-3), and other misc. regulatory documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communications skills
- Bachelor's Degree or comparable work experience. Candidates with a background in Industrial Security, Technology, Business Administration or other related disciplines preferred
- 5-8 years industrial security experience in government Special Programs with the ability to;
- Disseminate and apply DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) security requirements. Recommend changes to company procedures as needed.
- Act as liaison with external customers and program management.
- Mentor and train other security personnel.
- Manage and plan the construction and/or modification of special program work areas to meet the government's physical security specifications
- Ensure accuracy of receipt and dispatch, document control, personnel and combination records.
- Submit Personnel Access Requests (PARs) and nominations for employees to special programs.
- Maintain document control for special program areas.
- If required maintain COMSEC accountability for special access programs to include encryption devices, secure telephones (STE), and classified communication networks.
- Investigate and files necessary reports of security infractions and violations and prepares written investigative reports.
- Maintain compliance by coordinating with company contractors to ensure the maintenance, repair, and integrity of access control and alarm systems.
- Coordinate and conduct security education briefings.
- Support Business Development by providing security requirements and the estimation of security support for proposals.
- Keep laboratory Directors appraised of security changes in government security requirements and procedures.
- Participate as an active member of special security working groups in the SAP or SCI community.
- Initiate security plans to meet contractual requirements.
- Submit periodic reviews for continued access, scheduling polygraphs and program briefings.
- Respond to after-hours alarms and emergency conditions.
- Perform courier duties in the local area and in the U.S as needed.
- Execute annual self-inspection program and maintain programs inspection ready at all times.
- Assist in other security areas as needed for inspections, events, and special activities.
- Successful completion of an Contractor Special Security Office or equivalent course.
- Preferred experience within a DOD and/or IC R&D laboratory environment
- Perform other security related duties as assigned by the SAP Team Lead or Manager, Special Programs.
Security Requirement: Active TS is required.
Onsite work in accordance with program requirements, up to 2 days/week possible for WFH.
We have placed many talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges.
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds – AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long term contractors or employees!
Work as our full time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) – OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.