Position: Structural Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA (Onsite for the first 6-9 months with hybrid opportunity afterwards working 3-4 days onsite, must be local to area)
Length: 3+ years
Covid Requirements: Fully vaccinated is preferred, if unvaccinated weekly Covid-19 testing is required. Additionally, a N95, KN95, or surgical mask will be required in all common areas except when alone or removed briefly for eating and/or drinking.
Our client is looking for a Structural Engineer to analyze, research, and develop structural engineering specifications involving metals, non-metallic or composite structural materials, for product design or operation of product to include structures (mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical), electronics (power plant, armament heating, and ventilating equipment), and maintenance designs. The Structural Engineer will analyze damage, tolerance, durability, producibility, cost, safety, design allowable, and structural modeling. The Structural Engineer may specialize in dynamic and load stability and stress fatigue and thermal analysis. The Structural Engineer will utilize and validate 3-D and digital modeling to communicate and support production. The Structural Engineer will utilize tools such as, CATIA IDEAS, Siemens PLM, Software NX, ProEngineer, and a variety of analytical software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related field is required.
- 3+ years of experience with static and dynamic structural modeling and analysis.
- 3+ years of experience with dynamics and loads, stability and stress fatigue, and thermal analysis.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with NASTRAN and Solidworks 3D Computer-Aided Design(CAD).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with vibration and shock testing to characterize, anchor, and validate models.
- Ability to perform hand calculations in conjunction with utilization of CAD and finite element analysis software, such as FEMAP, NASTRAN, SOLIDWORKS, and ANSYS.
- Experience with structural testing and model correlation, STOP (structural, thermal, optical, and performance) analysis, LOS (Line-of-Sight) Jitter analysis, and vibration or shock testing is a plus.
- Experience with predicting the mechanical behavior of structures using finite element analysis for static and dynamic environments, performing vibration and shock environmental testing, and developing tests to characterize the behavior of structural components is highly desired.
- Due to the nature of the work, an Interim clearance is required, however an active Secret clearance is highly preferred.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
- Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, PTO, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
Come see why DPC has achieved:
- 4.9/5 Star Glassdoor rating and the only staffing company (< 1000 employees) to be voted in the national Top 10 ‘Employee’s Choice - Best Places to Work’ by Glassdoor
- Voted ‘Best Staffing Firm to Temp For’ four times by Staffing Industry Analysts as well as a ‘Best Company to Work For’ by Forbes, Fortune and Inc. magazine.